– Teaching statistics as Part time faculty Member at the College of Business Studies for the public authority for applied education & training since First Semester 2014/2015.
– Previous Part time faculty Member for Statistics & Operations Research department at Kuwait University for the academic year 2013/2014.
– Working as Statistical analyst at the Directorate General of civil aviation since June 2002. Doing a lot of statistical reports, analyses and studies such as the air traffic movements at Kuwait international airport and evaluating the master plan for the new Airport.
– Joined Gulf Opinions center for polls and statistics as Statistical Consultant since May 2014.
PH.D. in Operations Research &Statistics (March 23, 2012)
Thesis title (The airport gate assignment problem: scheduling algorithms and simulation approach).
Okayama University, Graduate School of environmental science, Japan.
Master’s Degree in Statistics & Operations Research (Fall Semester 2006/2007)
College of graduate studies, Kuwait University
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Statistics and Minoring in Information systems Fall Semester 2001/2002
College of science, Kuwait University.
– Integer Programming.
– Computer experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Arabic (Native), English (Expert), Japanese (Intermediate).
Publications and presentations
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2011). An airline scheduling model and solution algorithms, Communications of the Korean statistical society. Vol. 18, No. 2, 257-266.
Other Papers and Oral presentations
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2012). Aircraft Scheduling Algorithms at Airport Terminal, Proceedings of the 26th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society of Computational Statistics, 47-50.
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2011). Acomparative study of Aircrafts scheduling algorithms based on a simulation approach, Proceedings of Joint Meeting of the Korea – Japan Conference of Computational Statistics and the 25th Symposium of Japanese Society of Computational Statistics, 73-76.
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2011). Aircrafts scheduling algorithms: A simulation based approach, The 2011 Japanese Joint Statistical Meeting, 60.
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K. (2010).Airlines Scheduling Model and Solution Algorithms, The Korean Statistical Society – Proceeding for the Spring Conference, 41.
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2010). Optimizing gate assignments at airport terminal, proceeding of JKSC 2010 Join Meeting of Japan – Korea Special Conference of Statistics and the 2nd Japan – Korea Statistics Conference of Young Researchers, 159-166.
Al-Sultan,A.T., Ishioka, F. and Kurihara, K.(2009). Aircraft and Gate scheduling optimization at Airports, Proceeding of the 23rd Symposium Japanese Society of Computational Statistics. 191-194.